Aaloo dum is a very popular potato dish. In Nepal, this dish is usually served with beaten rice, puri, sel roti or fried rice for a snack or a meal. Easy to prepare, this recipe is great to take for a potluck or a picnic.
1 large white or yellow onion chopped
1 cup of green onion chopped
1 teaspoon turmeric or curry powder
1 teaspoon red chili pepper (or cayenne pepper)
1 teaspoon paprika
1/3 cup vegetable oil
5 large boiled potato diced
Salt to taste
1. Prepare all the ingredients.
2. In a large dish, add oil and cook it over medium heat.
3. Once the oil is hot, add onion. Let it cook for a few minutes.
4. Now add turmeric powder and mix well.
5. Once the onion is soft, add green onion.
6. Add salt, red chili pepper and paprika. Let it cook for another 5 minutes.
7. Add diced boiled potatoes.
8. Mix well. Let it cook for a few minutes in a low heat.
9. Enjoy with beaten rice, puri or fried rice.
I love colors in everything including in food. Here is a tasty and easy veggie fry recipe which is colorful. You can use any seasonal vegetables to make this veggie fry. It is super easy to prepare and tastes wonderful. Enjoy!
1/2 cup broccoli (sliced)
1/2 cup carrot (sliced)
1/2 cup red bell pepper (sliced)
1/2 cup zucchini (sliced )
1/4 cup green onion (sliced)
1 cup mushroom (sliced)
1/4 cup onion (sliced)
1 tablespoon ginger (julienne)
1 tablespoon garlic (julienne)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
black-pepper to taste
1. In a large pan, heat 4 tablespoons vegetable oil (or olive oil).
2. Once the oil is hot, add all the vegetables and fry until soft on medium heat.
3. Add soy sauce, lemon juice and black-pepper. Mix well and cook for few more minutes or cook to taste.4. Enjoy with jasmine rice!
I’ve posted potato salad before, but here is another version for you to try.
5 large boiled potatoes
1 cucumber diced
1/2 cup green peas
1 large carrot stick, diced
2 green chillies
2 teaspoons turmeric powder
1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
3 tablespoons oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
Cilantro leaves (to garnish)
1/3 cup of roasted ground sesame
Salt to taste
1. Prepare all the ingredients. Boil potatoes and cut into bite size pieces. Cut cucumber into bite size pieces. Rinse green peas.
2. Mix potatoes, cucumber, peas, ground sesame, salt, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric, and cayenne pepper together. 3. Add diced carrot.
4. Add cilantro. 3. In a pan, heat oil. Once the oil is heated, add fenugreek and mustard seeds. Cook until they turn black. 4. Add hot oil with fenugreek and mustard seeds to the salad. Mix well. 4. Add 1/2 cup of water and mix well. Adjust for salt. It is ready to be served!