Here is a quick and easy gluten and sugar free dessert recipe. Only three main ingredients are required to make this coconut custard. I have made this for my husband’s birthday and he loved it. I garnished it with strawberry slices, but you could probably garnish with shredded coconut and other fruits.
1 can coconut milk
4 tablespoons honey ( or 1/3 cup sugar)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder (optional)
1 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
1/2 cup of strawberry slices
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, honey and vanilla together. Set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan heat coconut milk over medium-low heat until it just starts to simmer.
4. Initially use a spoon and add couple tablespoons of coconut milk in with the eggs and whisk briskly.
5. Slowly add the rest of the milk to the eggs with constant whisking. (Constant whisking is necessary in order to avoid cooking eggs)
6. Pour the mixture into a baking dish and sprinkle cinnamon powder.
7. Bake the custard at 350 degree F for 30 to 40 minutes or until custard looks firm on top.
8. Let the custard cool. Once cooled, cut into serving size pieces. If you like cold, refrigerate before serving.
9. Garnish with strawberry slices and enjoy!
This entry was posted in Desserts
, SCD/Gluten Free
. Bookmark the permalink