Hi everyone, It is time for another post. Artichoke appetizer is on today’s recipe. Super easy to prepare, this is my all time favorite appetizer. Lately we have been eating artichoke before dinner and everyone at my house loves it. It is really fun to eat while making conversation about our days. It is a bit messy but it is worth it.
3 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon black pepper seeds
1. Rinse artichoke.
2. In a large pan, add artichoke, garlic, salt and pepper. Add plenty of water to boil for 45 minutes.
3. Boil the artichoke one side for 20 minutes.
4. Change the sides and boil for another 20 minutes. Artichoke will change color to darker olive green once it is ready.
5. Serve with mayonnaise or melted butter. To eat, pluck a petal, dip it in mayonnaise or melted butter and scrape the softer bottom half off of the leaf with your teeth.
6. Once you are done with thicker leaves, discard the soft purple petals that are inside.
7. Also discard the fibrous material inside of the petals. Remove this material using a knife or spoon.
8. Now you can eat this part, the heart of the artichoke.