If you are interested in making something fresh and easy, try cucumber salsa. I usually make this salsa whenever I make thukpa . But it goes well with tortilla chips or tostada.
2 cucumbers chopped (peeled and seeds removed)
1/2 cup red onion chopped
1/2 cup cilantro chopped
1/2 cup roma tomato chopped
4 tablespoons of lemon juice
2 serrano pepper chopped (or to taste)
Cayenne pepper or red chili pepper to taste
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
1. Chop all the vegetables into smaller pieces and place in a large bowl.
2. Add lemon juice, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper. Mix well.
I love colors in everything including in food. Here is a tasty and easy veggie fry recipe which is colorful. You can use any seasonal vegetables to make this veggie fry. It is super easy to prepare and tastes wonderful. Enjoy!
1/2 cup broccoli (sliced)
1/2 cup carrot (sliced)
1/2 cup red bell pepper (sliced)
1/2 cup zucchini (sliced )
1/4 cup green onion (sliced)
1 cup mushroom (sliced)
1/4 cup onion (sliced)
1 tablespoon ginger (julienne)
1 tablespoon garlic (julienne)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
black-pepper to taste
1. In a large pan, heat 4 tablespoons vegetable oil (or olive oil).
2. Once the oil is hot, add all the vegetables and fry until soft on medium heat.
3. Add soy sauce, lemon juice and black-pepper. Mix well and cook for few more minutes or cook to taste.4. Enjoy with jasmine rice!