First of all Happy Tihar (festival of lights) everyone!! Here is a quick and easy dessert recipe for celebrating Tihar. This recipe makes about 30-40 ladoos and the recipe is adapted from show me the curry.
Semolina flour – 2 cups
Unsalted Butter – ½ stick
Fine unsweetened dry coconut – 2 cups
Sugar – 1 cup
Evaporated Milk – 12 oz can
Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
Raisins or small pieces of date – ¼ cup, roasted in a little butter
Crushed nuts – ¼ cup (I used a mixture of cashew, almond, walnuts, and pistachio)
- In a large non-stick pan, melt butter on medium heat. Add raisins or date and fry it for a minute.
- Lower the heat and add semolina flour. Mix well.
- Add dry coconut powder and sugar. Mix well.
- Add crushed nuts.
- Add evaporated milk. Mix until well incorporated.
- Take a small portion of the mixture and make round balls using your palms.
- Garnish with dry coconut powder and let them cool before serving. Enjoy Tihar!!