Sugarless & Gluten-Free Almond Cake
Every year for Sam’s birthday, I try to improvise a cake recipe. This year, I made sugar free almond cake. I added cardamom powder, lemon juice, blueberry and garnished with strawberry slices and macadamia nuts. It turned out great. It is very rich and has a wonderful lemony taste. It makes a wonderful birthday cake for people who prefer sugarless and gluten-free diet. Here is the recipe.
3 cups of almond flour
4 eggs, separated into yolks and whites, room temperature
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon cardamom powder
Pinch of Salt
1/4 cup of blueberry
1/2 cup strawberries sliced
1/4 cup honey (or according to taste)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175 °C). Place a round of parchment paper on the bottom of a 9-inch circular pan or grease the pan with butter or cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks, honey and 2 teaspoons lemon juice.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour, ground cardamom, baking powder and blueberries. Add the flour mixture to the egg yolk mixture and beat until smooth.
4. With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites in a separate bowl. When bubbles start to form, add a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of lemon juice. Beat until foamy.
5. Mix the beaten egg whites into the almond mixture.
6. Gently scoop the batter into a pan and place in the oven. Bake at 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
7. Once the cake is cool, remove the cake from the pan. Spread honey on the top of the cake and garnish with strawberry slices and macadamia nuts. Enjoy!