Peda is a milk based dessert. Usually this dessert is too sweet for me, but it is a good dessert to make during holidays or parties and if you have a lot of guests. This recipe makes 30-40 bite size pedas.
2 cup of dry milk
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1 stick of unsalted butter
1/4 cup of almond halves and raisins for garnishing (optional: cashews and pistachios)
- In a medium size microwave safe bowl, melt the butter.
- Add dry milk and sweetened condensed milk and mix well.
- Cook in the microwave for 1 minute and stir it well.
- Repeat the cooking and stirring procedure 3 times.
- After 3 minutes, mix well again and let the mixture cool down.
- Once the mixture has cooled down, grease your hands with butter.
- Take the mixture and make small bite size balls.
- Gently press the balls and flatten them slightly.
- Garnish them with almonds, raisins, or other small treats.
- Let the pedas cool and enjoy!
- Pedas keep well in the refrigerator, so you can make them before your parties or keep the left over for a midnight snack.