If you are trying to cut down on carbohydrate intake and don’t know how to use those ripe bananas, this is the recipe you want to try. Even though there is no sugar added, this bread has a sweet taste because of the banana and raisins. I like to use raisins in my cooking because raisins prevent the growth of streptococcus mutants that are responsible for cavities and heart disease. One slice of this bread makes a really good evening snack with coffee
- 2 and 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 3 ripe banana
- 1/3 cup of water to smash bananas
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (175 degrees C.)
- Grease a 4″x8″ bread pan with butter and coat bottom with almond flour (makes it easier to take it out later).
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients : almond flour, baking soda, salt and raisins.
- In a separate bowl, smash ripe bananas by adding about 1/3 cup of water.
- In another large bowl, mix all the liquid ingredients: eggs, melted butter, lemon juice, vanilla.
- Use electric or hand mixer to mix the liquid ingredients.
- Now, slowly add all the dry ingredients and banana.
- Put the batter in the bread pan and bake at 350deg. F. (175 C) for about 1 hour until lightly browned on top.
- Check whether it is done or not by inserting a knife or a toothpick and see if it comes out clean. Remove from oven and loosen from sides of pan with a butter knife.
- Invert onto rack to cool thoroughly, so it will be firm enough for cutting.
- Put some butter and enjoy with a cup of coffee.
2 cup Zucchini sliced
1 cup pork meat cut into small pieces (cooks faster)
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 table spoon vegetable oil
1 tea spoon minced garlic
1 tea spoon minced ginger
1 tea spoon curry powder
1 tea spoon cumin powder
1 tea spoon red chilli sauce
Salt to taste
1. In a non-stick pan, heat oil and add onion, garlic, ginger, cumin powder, curry powder, salt and red chilli sauce.
2. Let them cook for 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Add pork and let it cook for 7-8 minutes.
4. Now add zucchini and let it cook for another 10-15 minutes (close the lid to preserve heat and moisture).
5. Make sure the meat is cooked and enjoy with rice!